Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hi Groovy First Graders!

My name is Heather Correia and I am one of your teachers this year! I hope you all are ready to disco down with Mrs. Bridges and I! We are so excited to teach you and to get to know each of you! We have a year filled with fun and learning and have many exciting things planned ALREADY!
I hope you had a wonderful summer...mine was VERY busy! In addition to teaching here at Chets Creek, I have also been a Tae Kwon Do Instructor for 16 years in Jacksonville Beach! This summer my school competed in an international tournament in Orlando, Fl. It was called the U.S. Open. Martial Artists from all over the world were there! It was so cool to all be together in one place like that! I will post more pictures later so you all can see! :)

I also did a summer camp this year! For the last 4 years I have done a 2 weeks summer camp after school ended. This year was our biggest year! There were quite a few Chets Creek students there! We did things like arts and crafts, piano lessons, guitar lessons, fear factor, dancing and outside games. The kids had a lot of fun...even though it was a lot of work for me! lol

Oh, also I live very close to Chets Creek and I have 2 dogs! Trey and Saki.....and they are both very spoiled! Trey is 14 years old and Saki is 9! I put a picture on here so you can see them!

I'll see you soon! Leave a comment if you read this so we can chat!

Miss Correia
















2 comments:

  1. Hey,Ladies, Hope all is going well! Just getting my ducks in a row all the new info. Having a hard time with you individual emails. I have tried all ways to search for it (http://, www, etc.) Can't get them to come up. Maybe something is wrong with my connection or with the school boards? Do you have any ideas?

    ReplyDelete